Over the recent months there has been tons of political campaign commercials all over television telling why you should vote for this candidate and why would shouldn’t vote for another one. As Election Day creeps closer and closer I have noticed more and more slam ads talk about how awful a candidate opposition is instead of advertising about the wonderful ideas he or she has for their state. Over time, I began to realize this form of advertising for politicians took place more than any other tactic. The fact that politicians were trying to bash their opposing candidates like this really bothered me. If they want to tell the public about the awful things or events the other person has participated in they should do it for themselves and not hide behind the front of the commercial. If their desire to damage the other person’s credibility is so great they should have the nerve to stay it directly to the people. The recording of the politicians voice saying, “I am whoever, and I approve this message” is not enough. To me, it makes who ever is endorsing the commercial seem like a coward because he or she does not want to take the risk to say it for his or her self. Most politicians do not want to be seen as a jerk or a hateful person so making direct accusations like the commercials do would not be good for their image. Because they want to have this squeaky clean image for the campaign contradicts the whole reason for having commercials of this sort. Personally, I lose respect for those men and women who choose to do broadcast commercials slamming their opponents especially when they want to be thought of as a the best person to represent the people.
No comments:
Post a Comment